At The Stage Beauty Company we are very passionate about sustainability and are driven by the possibility of affecting change! Be it on the local or international scale, our goal from the start has been to find our way to have a positive impact on the world. In 2019 we committed to ‘being the change we want to see in the world’ (thank you Gandhi!), and became a 1% for the Planet member.
We take responsibility for the health of our planet by donating 1% of annual sales to environmental nonprofits creating positive change.
1% for the Planet is a global organization that connects dollars and doers to accelerate smart environmental giving. They recognize that the current level of environmental giving – only 3% of total philanthropy – is not enough to solve the most pressing issues facing our planet. 1% for the Planet inspires people to support environmental organizations through annual membership and everyday actions!
This partnership has challenged us to be 1% better. This might sound like a small initiative, but we are strong believers that cumulative efforts lead to big change. If we commit to being 1% better, our planet will benefit from this. If we can all be 1% better, our planet will be 100% better.
So what does being 1% better mean?
It means making conscious choices. It means understanding that your choices DO matter. It means holding yourself to a higher standard and taking responsibility for our planet. It means joining the movement of brands, organization and individuals that aren’t willing to sit around and wait for change. It means being the change.
Choose to support brands that support the sustainability of our planet. Shop consciously. Eat Consciously. Live consciously. Basically, be conscious!
This Earth Day, we are proud to celebrate this partnership, but beyond that we are SO proud of our commitment to sustainable business practices. Over the past year we have continued to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and rolled out many new changes that will reduce our environmental footprint.
We’ve committed to being 1% better.
Here are some of our sustainable business practices:
- We’ve phased out our old promo cards for new 100% recycled cotton cards. These are completely tree free and made from recycled t-shirt cut offs that would normally be thrown away.
- We’ve switched our plastic clear packaging to new plant based, compostable bags.
- We have refillable makeup palettes! Did you know our makeup palettes are magnetic? This means you don’t have to worry about rebuying your makeup palettes year to year or the extra plastic that comes along with that. Instead, just replenish specific colours as you need. Refills are now available on our online shop.
- We launched our NEW SBC Makeup Recycle System!
- We use only corrugated shipping boxes with paper-based materials.
What's on the horizon?
- Updating our shipping + packing process: switching to acid free and FSC Certified tissue paper from No Issue.
- Switch corrugated shipping boxes with paper-based materials to FSC or SFI certified suppliers in North America.
- Building partnerships to upcycle gently used products and donate to communities in need .
We believe that a healthier, cleaner planet is possible, and that each decision (both business and personal) can make a ripple effect of positive change! By supporting Stage Beauty Co., you are supporting our planet – thank you for helping us to make change. Together we can do more, together we are unstoppable.
How are you committing to being 1% better? We challenge you to look at your life and habits, and see what changes (big and small) you can make that will impact our planet. Our planet is changing. Are you?
Comment below with your 1% better commitments. Do you have ideas for sustainability you’d like The Stage Beauty Company to adopt? Let us know below or email us directly here. We can always do better, and can use your help!
Ready to shop 1% better?